Sunday 20 May 2012

Georgetown Cupcake - NYC


After watching a few episodes of DC Cupcakes on TLC, I was really excited when I heard that they were opening a new location in New York back in March because that meant that I'd be able to try them on my trip in May. 

The Cupcakes....

New Yorkers really love their cupcakes...they're everywhere!

$15 for a half dozen and $29 for a dozen

Clockwise from top left: Red Velvet, Lava Fudge, Chocolate³, Hummingbird, Vanilla² and German Chocolate. 

The Georgetown cupcakes were more cake heavy and dense than some of the other cupcakes I've had before. I really liked their cupcakes because they weren't too sweet. I am a HUGE fan of the Hummingbird cupcake which is a pineapple, banana and pecan cupcake topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting, chopped pecans and a blue fondant hummingbird on top. It was absolutely amazing! They should add it to their year-round menu. 

Overall: I really like the cupcakes at Georgetown (especially the Hummingbird - too bad it's only available in May). I can't wait to try all the other flavours in the monthly calendar! Yum! (They really need to open a store in Toronto - We love cupcakes too!)


Georgetown Cupcake on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment