Thursday 10 May 2012

Snakes and Lattes

Interior of Snakes and Lattes

Board Games
Snakes and Lattes lets you try out and play as many games as you want for a $5 cover charge (totally reasonable considering you don't have a time limit) The wait can be terrible if you don't make a reservation because you might have to wait a long time for a table to open up.
 I've heard a lot about Apples to Apples from a few of my friends so we decided to try it!
Unfortunately, after a while it got a little boring for the 4 of us; so we moved on to play some other games...
  
Drinks menu

Food Menu

Speculoos hot chocolate
Speculoos is a spiced cookie very popular in Belgium (I remember seeing it everywhere I went in Brussels - they even had a speculoos spread for toast and bread).
The cool thing about the hot chocolate was that you basically had a block of chocolate on the end of the stick and you stir that in until it melts and voila! hot chocolate. 
I could taste the spices and a bit of a nutty flavour in my hot chocolate - very neat!

Ham and cheese croque monsieur
All the waiters use Apple Products to place orders (kinda cool), but I guess somewhere along the way my food order got lost and I had to follow up a few times before I got my croque monsieur about an hour later. 
It was a grilled ham and cheese sandwich - definitely not what I was expecting for a croque monsieur.
Wasn't particularly happy with it - but I was too absorbed playing games to really care. 

Peach and mango tea
Very cool tea bag! That's about it.

Overall: I love this place! The food's not amazing here, but it's not really about that. It's the atmosphere and the (what seems like unlimited) games which makes Snakes and Lattes so awesome. It's a great place to hang out with friends and just kick back and relax while you try out all the games you want.  

Website: http://www.snakesandlattes.com/
Snakes & Lattes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment