Thursday 28 June 2012

Helinxuan Chinese Restaurant - Beijing

After lunch, we took the subway to the Temple of Heaven. 
Side note: The Beijing subway system is the cheapest in China and it's super convenient with 15 lines! A one way continuous ticket to anywhere in Beijing is ¥2
Temple of Heaven

Helinxuan Chinese Restaurant at the Jade Palace Hotel

Salty dried fish and Edamame appetizers

Spicy duck and tofu
This dish was really good - it made me wish I could take spicy food so I could full enjoy it. 
Alas, the spiciness got to me after my third piece of tofu. The duck was nicely done too.

Asparagus and fatty pork
Another slightly spicy dish: it had great flavour until the spiciness overwhelmed me.

Garlic Ribs
I wonder if the garlic ribs are a specialty in Beijing or maybe a specialty of this restaurant because they were really tasty. Crispy skin on the outside and lots of tender meat when you bit into the rib. It was so beautifully presented on the plate too. 

Fish soup
The soup was full of flavour from the fish, mushrooms and jelly-like fungus.
The downside: the fish had very tiny bones and I managed to get one caught in my throat...ouch.

Overall: A perfect dinner to kick off our tour of Beijing - delicious and hearty food (even if it was slightly on the spicier side). 

Website: http://www.jadepalace.com.cn/en/dining_01.html

1 comment:

  1. Beijing is one of the city where industrial business was develop so fast. Restaurant business was improved so fast there. Helinxaun is one of the restaurant which is held in Beijing. Fish soup is famous item in this restaurant.

    Miller Haus B and B

    ReplyDelete