Tuesday 4 December 2018

Salad King

Dec 4, 2018
Islamic Noodles $13.50
My favourite dish here combination of curry and coconut milk with lots of sauce on noodles! Still great - I got 2 chilis which made it spicier, but not too spicy.

Oct 29, 2012
Thai Islamic Noodles $10.50 (off the menu)
Thai Islamic Noodles are rice noodles in a mild and milky coconut curry sauce with broccoli, peppers, chicken and shrimp. It's a great blend of sweetness from the coconut milk with a hint of spice from the curry (and of course you can make it hotter up to 20 chilis). Very creamy and tasty. 

October 9, 2012

Salad King used to be the place to be for Thai food in Toronto until the building burnt down in April 2009. The owners opened up Linda at Shops at Don Mills, and eventually they re-opened Salad King near the Ryerson Campus again.
Salad King interior on the second floor
It's very similar in format to the original location with their long tables - you can brush shoulders with everyone from business people in suits to students. 

Thai Fried Rice $8.50
Rice, egg, shrimp, chicken, carrot, onion, pea and curry sauce
The fried rice was really yummy! It wasn't too spicy even though the menu indicated it would be spicy - I thought it was really tasty and it was such a large portion too! The quality is much better than a food court Thai place and it's about the same price: I would say that it's pretty good value. 

Phud Thai with Chicken $9
Rice noodle, carrot, peanut, tofu, green onion, bean sprout, coriander, egg, fish sauce and tamarind sauce. 
The last time I had Salad King's Phud Thai (or pad thai), I remember being wowed. This time, I wasn't wowed by this dish - it was okay. I thought there were way too many peanuts on this dish - almost like they were using the nuts to cover up for something else.

Overall: The portions are quite large and you really do get what you pay for - however, I think the quality of the food has decreased from what I remember. I think I would recommend Linda instead of Salad King for good Thai food now.


Website: http://www.saladking.com/
Salad King on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Great review, having the fried rice in a few days!

    ReplyDelete