Sunday, 23 December 2012

Gal's Sushi

Gal's Sushi is a Korean and Japanese restaurant located at Warden and Highway 7.
Salad and miso soup to start off our lunch specials
Sashimi, sushi and rolls Box
The sashimi was nice - I forgot that sushi rolls are usually made with wasabi between the raw fish/shrimp and the rice underneath (not exactly a pleasant surprise). They had a fried yam roll, spicy salmon roll (which was quite spicy) and California roll. After eating all the rice from the rolls and the sushi, I was a little puzzled about the rice in the corner of my bento box. On the other hand, I really liked the chapchae noodles even if they were cold.
Tempura Chicken Box
The sauce of the terriyaki chicken was really sweet - I wasn't a big fan of that. The tempura was crispy and the potatoes marinated in sweet sauce were quite yummy.
Salmon Bulgogi Box
They served quite a bit of grilled salmon and it was drenched in terriyaki sauce.
I really liked their bulgogi, despite not having a lot of sauce, it was still very flavourful and it tasted good with the rice.
Salmon roll
Sul Nong Tang
Sliced beef in beef bone broth
The broth was interesting - it was rather heavy on the garlic and had a grainy texture (possibly from the bone marrow). The beef was well-done in the soup.

Overall: I think they do Korean food better than they do Japanese. I found the prices were reasonable and the service was fast.

Gal's Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment