Thursday 21 November 2013

Bent

I'm generally not a fan of Asian Fusion, but my friends and I were really looking forward to Susur Lee's Bent. So on a dark rainy night, we made our way to 777 Dundas Street West to try it out.


Bent-O menu!



Lobster Bisque with Shrimp Ravioli
A cute petite cup of lobster bisque. The soup was not as thick and creamy as I would have liked my lobster bisque and it was heavily spiced. I wasn't a fan of the shrimp ravioli which was more like a shrimp wonton.


The Bent-O for two
Clockwise from the left: braised beef bao, Peruvian ceviche shooter, kale and tofu salad, tuna and watermelon ceviche, oysters Rockafeller gratinee, Susur's jerk spiced octopus and two sushi pieces
As quaint and pretty everything was, it wasn't a particularly filling meal. It was a lovely (and expensive) tray with all the seafood components, but nothing particularly stood out to me except the jerk spiced octopus which I thought was too heavily spiced and which my friend found very spicy. 


We topped up our meal with white snapper in coconut curry with goji berries
The fish was crispy and flaky and the coconut curry was delicious. I just wasn't wow-ed by it.

Overall: Bent delivered Asian fusion, but I wasn't a big fan of it (maybe my tastes are simpler). It was a relatively expensive meal considering the portions we were given and while the food was interesting and had some nice playful elements, I wasn't really impressed overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment