Wednesday 9 April 2014

Hoosier Daddy's BBQ Sandwiches

The Village by the Grange food court has a variety of cheap and filling lunch options.
It's been a while since I've eaten in this area, but I couldn't help noticing a barbeque restaurant right near the McCaul Street entrance. I couldn't resist! I have this tiny little fascination with the South; there's just something about the strongly flavoured food, intriguing culture and charming people that makes it so interesting.

Pulled Pork Sandwich
That's a lot of bun for this sandwich. The barbeque sauce was pretty good, but there just wasn't enough sauce in the pulled pork meat. I wasn't very impressed with the sandwich 
Sugar Cream Pie
I love my desserts and I was really wowed by the last sugar pie I had at the Museum Tavern, that I decided to give this sugar cream pie a chance. Unfortunately, the pie was rather bland tasting (except for the cinnamon sugar on top) and the inside had the consistency of jello rather than a smooth creamy texture.

Overall: I like the concept of an authentic BBQ sandwich place, but I don't think this Hoosier Daddy's BBQ Sandwich place is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment