Friday 5 August 2016

The Pilot

August 5, 2016
Stuffed Yorkie
Beef with a delicious wine-flavoured gravy on top of a bed of mashed potatoes all in a Yorkshire pudding. It sounds delicious in theory and it was even better in practice! (I'm surprised more restaurants don't serve this). The beef was flavourful and in abundance - and the gravy soaked into the mashed potatoes and yorkshire pudding (which was SO GOOD). The vegetables on the side were pretty good too since they served as a reminder that it can't be all about the meat and potatoes :)

April 30, 2015

Arctic Char with salad
The arctic char is a great fish and I don't usually see it on menus, so I was intrigued.  I thought they did a great job with the fish since it is a little more delicate in flavour and texture - they made it nice and flavourful with the sauce.  I liked the salad too with all those vibrant colours and tossed with a light tangy salad dressing.

May 23, 2014
Usually when I think of Yorkville Rooftop patios, Remy's and Hemingway's come to mind immediately. When I started researching for lunch options near the Yonge & Bloor area to meet up with my friend, I found The Pilot and their awesome rooftop patio!

Daily Menu

  
 Pulled Pork Sandwich topped with coleslaw on a bun 
I don't think I've ever seen coleslaw and pulled pork together on a bun. I usually eat them separately. The fries were a little soggy rather than crispy. 

Wings, Veggies and Fries
I guess the veggies and dip make this a much healthier option than usual? Haha
  
Tandoori Chicken breast with rice and salad
The chicken was a little dry from the oven, but the flavours were there. I wish there was sauce on the rice, but alas - it was just white rice. The greens were okay - not particularly exciting.

Overall: Nice rooftop patio (i.e. Flight Deck). The service and food were okay - probably a little pricier since it's so close to Yorkville.

No comments:

Post a Comment