Saturday 10 May 2014

White Castle - NYC

Central Park in May 
 The view from the inside of the Time Warner Center

 
After watching Harold & Kumar go to White Castle years ago, I finally got the chance to see what all the hype was about:

I couldn't believe the sliders were only $0.75 each!
They're probably about 4 bitefuls, so they're not particularly filling.
I can see why people would enjoy these little bite-sized burgers if you need something to tide you over temporarily.

White Castle Original Slider and White Castle Cheese Slider
It was a pretty decent tasting mini burger with onions, mayo, a pickle and a tiny square beef patty sandwiched between two buns.  The thing I was probably the most surprised about was the Cheese Slider - contrary to what it says on the website, for some reason cheese did not make it taste better (maybe the mayo and cheddar cheese combination?).

Overall: I can see the appeal of these tiny sliders, but they're not my kind of burger since they're not really filling. The sliders seem to temporary satisfy any hunger pangs, but they still leave you craving for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment