Thursday 7 August 2014

Pastel Creperie & Dessert House


There are a lot of Asian dessert places around Yonge and Finch, and after reading some good reviews about Pastel, we decided to check it out:

 

  
Tropical Crepe with mandarins, oranges, pineapple, shortcake, whipped cream and pistachio almond ice cream.
When ordering this dessert, my decisive factor was the pistachio almond ice cream. Yum! It had a concentrated pistachio flavour (way better than the Wanda's Waffles pistachio ice cream) - I could probably eat a tub of this ice cream. I was tempted to put in an order for pistachio ice cream take out.
The crepe was good - lots of fruit, but this dessert was all about the ice cream for me. I think the almond part of the ice cream really brought out the pistachio flavour.

 
Brownie Crepe with chocolate ice cream, whipped cream and brownies
Very pretty presentation! The brownies inside the crepe provided more substance to the crepe and I thought was better than the Tropical Crepe's fillings. 


Overall: Nice crepes - not too sweet and the ice cream was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment