Sunday 22 February 2015

Imperial Buffet

It's been a long time since I've been to a Buffet in Toronto. Usually buffets aren't places I would go to eat because they may have a huge variety of things to eat, but I find the quality and standards of the food are not really up to par.  


Quite the variety here: sushi, pigs in a blanket, cha siu, mussels, crab salad and a lobster tart
I would say the only things I would go back for was the sushi - but buffet sushi just isn't the same quality as the sushi you would get at a Japanese restaurant. 

Eggplant, stir-fried beans, tempura, ham, Shanghai fried noodles, snail, lobster bisque
The fried noodles were okay. The rest was not very good. 

Sausage and Grilled pineapple
The grilled pineapple was really good especially coated with cinnamon on top. 

Fruits, nanaimo bar, eclair, lime pie, tiramisu and crepe with mango ice cream, whipped cream, strawberry jam, chocolate sauce and syrup
I saved room for dessert and unfortunately, dessert disappointed me too. I liked the mango ice cream and the fruits, but that was about it. 

Overall: The buffet was expensive (for a Sunday lunch) and the food wasn't that great either. I think Imperial Buffet just reminded me of all the things I don't like about buffet restaurants and I probably won't go back again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment