Friday 6 February 2015

Rock Lobster

February 2, 2015
I was pretty happy with my lobster poutine and Caesar last week, so I came back for the $25 Winterlicious dinner.
(*Items I would recommend and/or order again)



Lobster Taco and Lobster Cake
Even though the lobster cake on the menu is $13 and the lobster taco is $6 - I would much rather eat the taco over the cake if I could choose again. The taco was fresh and zesty (and tasted better with the selection of hot sauces). Meanwhile, the cake was good if super crumbly and rather one-dimensional in taste compared to the taco.


Lobster Roll
I saw the lobster roll last week and I remembered thinking "I don't think that's worth $15, but if I can eat it as part of a 3 course meal for Winterlicious - that might actually be a good deal". So here I am - eating it for Winterlicious instead of paying $15 for it regularly. The bun was buttered and lightly toasted with lobster piled on. The size was kinda small, but the quality was there. The Yukon chips were good too - they're a little charred, but that's what makes them different.


S'mores Brownie with marshmallows and Dutch Butter Cake with dulce de leche and toasted almonds
I thought the s'mores brownie was an interesting concept, but I didn't really like the presentation of it because it made it harder to eat. The butter cake was good, but it was hard and I wish there was more dulce de leche drizzled all over it.

Overall: The Rock Lobster Caesar is a MUST-TRY here! I was really happy with my drink. The lobster dishes are all good, but they're a little on the pricey side. I think the Winterlicious was a good deal since I got to try the lobster taco, lobster roll and dessert for a lot less than regular price.

January 30, 2015
I'm not a big fan of alcoholic drinks when I'm eating out (I'm a lightweight and sleepy drunk and generally I like to remember what my food tastes like), so I didn't really want to get a Caesar...until everyone else ordered one and I saw how awesome it looked on the menu. Who puts a lobster tail into a Caesar??? That's Awesome (with a capital A)!
Rock Lobster Caesar
Delicious! This was like a meal in itself: ketel one vodka, steak spice, tabasco, worcestershire, clamato and lobster tail
You have to get this when you're here!

Lobster poutine
It's Poutine + Lobster --> enough said. It was served in this really cute pan with chunks and bits of lobster on top of cheese curds and fries all topped with a lobster gravy sauce - Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment