Saturday 7 March 2015

Me Va Me Kitchen Express

The new Me Va Me replaced Lick's Homeburgers as the new fixture on the corner of York Mills and Lesmill road and it definitely has a newer sleeker look than the previous restaurant:

I couldn't wait to try it and compare it to other shawarmas and the other Middle Eastern food I've been eating recently (which has been mostly sandwiches from North Express)

Chicken Shawarma
The first thing I noticed was that it was thinner than the sandwiches I usually get at North Express and we were only allowed simple fillings like hummus, red cabbage, lettuce, turnips, onions and tomatoes rather than awesome combinations at North like roasted eggplant, tabbouleh, olives, etc.  

I tried to load up my shawarma, but it was pretty tightly packed and not particularly impressive. Also, it was actually a little pricier than North Express. 

Overall: I thought it was rather pricey for shawarma here, but the place is super popular and they made our shawarma pretty fast. However, I would rather eat at North Express than here (even though North's service takes longer, I get more options in my sandwich so it's better value and tastier). 

No comments:

Post a Comment