Saturday 4 April 2015

Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot

For me, hot pot brings back childhood memories - but of course, back in the day, our soup bases and ingredients were a lot simpler than what's available today.  I've heard some good things about Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot, which has become a bit of a sensation in the Asian community.

First, you choose your soup base: spicy or non-spicy or you could get half and half. However, I heard that the spicy soup base is really spicy (so I avoided that)
Selection of meats, seafood and vegetables
The soup base was pretty good by itself - lots of flavours which were both subtle (green onions) and bold (chinese mushrooms and red dates). 


More selections of food (and a napoleon for dessert).

Overall: A fun experience, but a little on the pricey side for hot pot (especially since you have to do your own cooking haha).  Unfortunately, I got food poisoning the day after (which kind of ruined my experience) - and I couldn't tell if it was my under-cooking or if it was something I ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment