Tuesday 15 December 2020

Freshii

Dec 15, 2020 @ Yonge & Sheppard
Freshii's Ubereats BOGO promotion didn't quite register on my radar, since I'm not a huge salad person. Turns out, it looks like they're expanding into bowls and noodle soups and they're BOGO: 
Spicy Lemongrass Soup $9.59 (x2), Teriyaki Twist Bowl $10.19 (x2) and Coconut Chia Pudding $5.99 (x2)

No protein in either bowl or soup
The teriyaki bowl had a really sweet sauce, but it didn't have the strong savoury flavour of teriyaki. The brown rice and veggies were good - my favourite part was definitely the crunchy bits. It did seem like it was lacking some kind of distinct profile flavour though (or maybe I was missing the protein). 
The spicy lemongrass soup wasn't that spicy, but it needed more salt to really bring the flavours out - the chicken broth and noodles were good otherwise. 

Coconut Chia Pudding 
Chia seeds are gelatinous seeds or seeds with an outer jelly-like gluey layer, which makes their texture pretty interesting with the jelly outside layer and cracking seed inside. The pudding was okay with more coconut flavour from the shredded coconut than the sweet strawberries or crunchy apple mango. 

January 22, 2016 @ 861 York Mills
I've passed by quite a few Freshii's downtown, but I've never actually tried one.  I was feeling a little sick and I didn't want to eat anything heavy for dinner, so I grabbed a salad. 
 


Mediterranean Salad
Quinoa, greens, feta cheese, walnuts, almonds, red pepper sauce
Pretty good! Probably not worth the $10 I paid for it though - these salads are pricey! 


No comments:

Post a Comment