Sunday 3 April 2016

Black Camel

April 3, 2016

Beef Brisket with garlic mayo
I love their buns: the eggy bread pairs so well with the garlic mayo and smoky beef brisket.  It's just a delicious sandwich experience every time!

December 5, 2012
On my way to Patachou for tarts two weeks ago, I noticed a crazy line-up of men in business suits outside a seemingly normal sandwich place. It's not that often that you see a queue outside a restaurant that isn't the newest and hippest restaurant downtown (case in point - all the ramen places) . So, I made a note to myself to do a little research and maybe come back and check it out some other time.
The Black Camel has been a popular sandwich joint for almost 10 years (since 2004) and they're well-known for their smoked meat sandwiches like beef brisket and pulled pork. 
Outside Black Camel

Pulled Pork sandwich
Pulled pork with arugula and Black Camel BBQ sauce
The pulled pork shoulder was super tender and yummy. The interesting part of the sandwich was that it was a little sweeter than I expected (I'm not sure if it was from the BBQ sauce or the pulled pork). 
The BBQ sauce was a nice complement and I liked that it was a little milder and less smoky than traditional BBQ sauces. 
Beef Brisket sandwich
Beef brisket with roasted roma tomatoes and Charamoula and Pesto mayo
Wow! The brisket was melt in your mouth tender and juicy and the combination of the charamoula and pesto sauce just made the sandwich so succulent, flavourful and finger licking good. I added the roasted roma tomatoes for an extra $0.90 since I wanted some balance to my meat-heavy sandwich, and boy was I ever glad because it worked out so well! The sandwich was heavenly....(and a little more guilt-free cause I got my serving of vegetables instead of only being a carnivore)

Overall: Crazy amazing sandwiches: the smoked meats are all amazingly tender and juicy and the sauces are  fantastic! The service was great too (despite being a 3 person operation at lunch). This place is definitely more of a grab and go sandwich shop as there's barely any seating in the tiny restaurant.

Black Camel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment