Thursday 28 April 2016

Tout Sweet - SF

I picked up some treats at Macy's as a souvenir (I'm a big fan of edible souvenirs).

 
Macarons!


They survived the plane trip much better than I did (it was a bad idea taking a red-eye from SFO to CLT then CLT to YYZ).


Clockwise from the top yellow: Exotic Banana, Burnt Caramel, Raspberry Hibiscus, Lemon Yuzu, Peanut Butter & Jam, McEvoy Olive Oil, Lime and Sea Salt and Sicilian Pistachio & Ceylon Cinnamon
The Exotic Banana was a very accurate description - it had this hint of exoticness (tropical notes?), but it also tasted like a regular banana.  Even though I'm not a big banana dessert fan, I actually really liked this and would eat it again.
Burnt caramel unsurprisingly tasted exactly like burnt caramel (can't say I was a fan of it). 
Raspberry hibiscus had a flowery note, but the flavour was predominantly raspberry.
Lemon yuzu had a nice citrus punch and a light lemon flavour.
Peanut butter and jam tasted like they used really good quality peanut butter and instead of using jam in the middle as the filling, they had jam in the feet of the macaron.  It was interesting, but I didn't really like it.
Mcevoy olive oil, lime and sea salt - I liked this! It was such an interesting and fun combination and I didn't really get overwhelmed by the olive oil taste (which I'm not a big fan of). 
Sicilian pistachio and ceylon cinnamon: I thought the cinnamon overwhelmed the pistachio in this case and I love the taste of pistachio desserts, so this was a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment